Day-before-yesterday I planted some strawberries: ‘Quinault’ and ‘Albion.’ There were some empty spaces in the pyramid that I wanted to fill. I picked up the ‘Quinault’ at the home/grocery/garden store, and the ‘Albion’ at a raspberry place in the valley (the other valley).
The pyramid now:
The ‘Hood’ strawberries still look a little sad. As I wrote before, I got them bare-root at the home/grocery/garden store, and they were a bit less robust than I expected (they were boxed up).
I’ve read several places that the first year one should remove the strawberry blossoms so that they don’t reproduce – the plants will put their energy into growing strong. I can’t bring myself to do this.